Storm Perfect World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome on LDPW/Begginer guide.

Go down

Welcome on LDPW/Begginer guide. Empty Welcome on LDPW/Begginer guide.

Post  'Letty' Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:53 am

Welcome to Lions Den Perfect World.
Guide written by Ice.
Additional Assistance by Ryoku.

Whether you're a veteran from PWI, a mainstream Perfect World server, or just a new player to Perfect World, coming to Lions Den can be somewhat confusing at first. This guide has been written to introduce you to the server, and how things generally work around here. This guide will lead you through the general know-hows and basic analysis of acquiring gear and weapons. This gear is generally considered to be among the best in the game, but of course, there are different add-ons for different armor and weapon sets. Customize your gear to fit your character however you wish, as this is a completely personal PVP server, where the players determine the challenge of the server's PVP world.

If you need any help at all, whether you needing assistance with your cultivation, or have any questions about the server, feel free to PM me in-game. I usually roll around on my Assassin, Ice. Short and sweet.

PART I - Getting Started
So, you've created your character and have now entered the server world. The first thing to do is set up your UI (The skill bars, etc.) to your liking, so you're comfortable with the set-up. Once you have settled in and are ready to begin your journey, head over to the first monster you see and kill it. Once the monster is killed, you will automatically be elevated to level 105. Congratulations.
You will literally get 20 pop-ups. Confirm all of them, and make sure you get all of them out of the way. You don't have to read them, they're honestly useless, as mostly everything will be covered in this guide.
After getting through the pop-ups, open up your character's window (Default Shortcut Key: C). You'll see that you have 520 attribute points to apply. That may seem intimidating at first, seeing as all the clicking you'll have to do... But it's a little more simple than that. If you don't already know the build for your class, you can look at the following links for general builds that meet requirements for armor and weapons for said class. Once you've chosen your build, simply click and hold the '+' button beside the attribute, and it will climb very fast. Do so until you use up all your attribute points.
Blademaster - At level 105, I prefer 5 Magic, 315 Strength, 215 Dexterity and 5 Vit. This both meets gear requirements, and allows a good amount of defense and damage. If you want something with more vitality, take a look at the link's guide for different builds.
Wizard - At level 105, I prefer 473 Magic, 57 Strength, 5 Dexterity and 5 Vit. Obviously the best output damage potential, but fairly squishy, similar to a cleric. Use something more Hybrid if you want to stay alive longer, or stack Defense +2 soulgems.
Archer -At level 105, I prefer 5 Magic, 104 Strength, 416 Dexterity and 5 Vit. Best Archer build, hands down. It would be unwise to follow another build. This build gets the job done; gear requirement, best damage, best critical strike. Just, ignore every other build. Please.
Cleric - At level 105, I prefer 473 Magic, 57 Strength, 5 Dexterity and 5 Vit. Full healing potential, as well as astonishingly nice output damage with offensive skills. If you want to stay alive longer, perhaps go with something more Hybrid, or stack Defense +2 soulgems.
Barbarian - At level 105, I prefer 5 Magic, 384 Strength, 146 Dexterity and 5 Vit. This meets gear requirements, and has nice output damage. If you want more accuracy, take a look at builds with more Dex, or if you're feeling the path of a true Tank, you can always choose a build with more vitality.
Venomancer - At level 105, I prefer 473 Magic, 57 Strength, 5 Dexterity and 5 Vit. Great damage with insta-cast tome, but perhaps go with something different if you prefer Fox Form. You can either stack full Attack +1 soulgems, or Defense +2, depending on your build / preference.
Assassin - At level 105, I prefer 5 Magic, 104 Strength, 416 Dexterity and 5 Vit. Best Assassin build, hands down. It would be unwise to follow another build. This build gets the job done; gear requirement, best damage, best critical strike. Just, ignore every other build. Please.
Psychic - At level 105, I prefer 473 Magic, 57 Strength, 5 Dexterity and 5 Vit. Amazing damage and other attributes toward skill effects. I don't think any other viable builds are suitable for this class, seeing as they are an amazing damage class.
Seeker - At level 105, I prefer 5 Magic, 364 Strength, 156 Dexterity and 5 Vit. Great damage output, as well as still a little room for Physical Defense and survivability. It would probably be a wise idea to stack Defense +2 soulgems in your armour, but of course, personal preference from here on out.
Mystic - At level 105, I prefer 473 Magic, 57 Strength, 5 Dexterity and 5 Vit. Full damage, healing and mana. Hybrid builds are acceptable for staying alive longer, but a Full Magic build should suffice the needs of a Mystic, both in PvE and PvP.
So, you've got all your attributes set. The next step is to open up the Boutique (Shortcut Key: O), and click on Utility > Portal. Buy a Geographic Map and 100 Teleport Stones. Open up your inventory (Shorcut Key: B) and Right-Click on the map. It will proceed to open up all the teleports for you. This will take around 1-2 minutes. The next step is to put the Teleport Stones in your skillbar for easy access to travel quickly. I personally put them in the 8-slot skillbar's 3rd line. (To open up more Skillbar lines, click the Middle Arrow Button on the left side of the bar).
Next, click the Combat section under Utility and buy a Platinum Guardian Charm, and a Platinum Spirit Charm. Right Click to equip them. They're essential for survival in both PvE and PvP. Scroll down a little more, and buy 20 Guardian Scrolls (Or more, but it's a cleaner inventory if you just buy 20 at a time). These make sure you don't drop equipment or EXP on death.
Now click on the Flyers tab and click your race's section. Here you can pick any flyer that appeals to you; they are all the same speed. Pick the one which appeals to you the most in looks.
If you want, now is the time to pick out some Fashion for your character (Fashion tab in the Boutique). For a full guide on dying your fashion, as well as a more intricate guide on fashion in general, click here. (Coming Soon.)

PART II - The Basics
Head over to your starting city and visit your class trainer. You can find them easily by clicking the Coordinates Assistant on the right-side of the Mini-Map.
Once you've found them, go ahead and purchase all your skills (Left Click the skill, then press 'Y' to purchase the skill level quickly). You have A LOT of money and spirit, just get everything. Once you've looked through guides on which skills are useful or not, or have assessed them for yourself, go ahead and put them on your desired skillbar. Once you've got that all figured out, you're ready to move on.
The next step is getting your Rank 9 gear. It's considered the best in the game, but like I said earlier, it's all about personal preference. With the new Level 110, 115 and 120 gear that is implemented, you may want to get that gear once you've gotten your Rank 9. (Getting that gear will be explained later).
Teleport to West Archosaur and find the Commander-In-Chief. When you talk to him, keep moving up in Ranks by accepting his quests for the Rank Badges. Do this until you reach Rank 8.
Once you've reached Rank 8, be prepared for a somewhat annoying process, but highly worth it. It doesn't take a lot of effort, just a lot of clicking. Go to the Boutique > Shop > Misc. and purchase 40 sets of 100 Wraith Officer Badges. Each badge is 25 Rep, which means 100 badges is 2500 Rep. You need 300,000 Rep to get to Rank 9, and since you're already at Rank 8 (200,000), you only need 100,000 more Rep. That means you'll need to click on the Wraiths Officer Badge x50 about 80 times. It's not as bad as it sounds, just use the Click, 'Y' trick and you'll get through it quickly. Once you've attained enough badges, hand them in to the Commander-In-Chief; this is the part that requires a lot of clicking.
You could also just do it the lazy way and spam-click and fill up your inventory, hand in enough to get to 300,000 reputation, then just drop all the rest. Either way works.
Once you've achieved 300,000 Reputation, the next step is to open the Boutique > Shop > New and buy 19 Medals of Glory. Next, open Utility and scroll down until you see General Summers Tokens. Buy 205 of these (they come in sets of 10) and then talk to the Commander-In-Chief again. Get the Rank 9 - Ring of Trauma from him. Once you have acquired the ring, you can now purchase the actual Rank 9 Gear! It's as simple as that. Any leftover tokens or medals you have, feel free to discard.

PART III - Your Gear

So you've got your Rank 9 Gear and you're ready to get to level 110 and PvP! ... Not quite. We're almost there. Now that you've gotten your initial gear, find the PW Boutique Agent (Use your Coordinates Assistant if you're lost).
Open up the Boutique > Utility and scroll down. Buy a Scroll of Tome, a Championship Scroll, a Wing Trophy Lunar Glade, a Wing Trophy and a Cube of Fate Stamp (Comes in stacks of 10). Talk to the PW Boutique Agent again and select Gift Exchange. Click on the Gear tab and, on the second line, pick any tome you want. It's up to you, but I prefer picking up a Love: Up and Down for Assassins, Archers, Seekers, Barbarians and BMs. Barbarians can also benefit from Chant of the Water Dragon and Divine Brotherhood. I prefer The Alms Bowl for Clerics, Mystics, Psychics, Venomancers and Wizards. But once again, you decide what will benefit you more.
Now, for capes, I prefer Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade for Assassins, Archers, Seekers, Barbarians and BMs. I then prefer Calm Robe: Lunar Glade for Clerics, Mystics, Psychics, Venomancers and Wizards. The other capes have nice add-ons too, so take a look at those for personal preference.
Now with the Cube of Fate Stamps, buy a Puzzle Cube Badge. There are two there, so choose which one benefits your personal taste and class. Keep the rest of the Cube of Fate Stamps, you'll need them later.
Next, head over to the Elder of Archosaur. Open up the Boutique > Craft > Upgrade and purchase Tailor Training I. Open your inventory and Right-Click it, then talk to the Elder. Select Learn Crafting Skill and learn the first level of Tailoring. If you want, go ahead and keep levelling it up (Just keep opening the box, it's pretty self explanatory from there) but I usually just leave it at 1 for now.
Talk to the Elder again and select Tournament Helm. If you are a melee class, manufacture Warsoul of Earth. If you are a magic class, manufacture Warsoul of Heaven. Once you've done so, go ahead and exit that window.
Open the Boutique > Craft and scroll down. Purchase a +12 Stone (Comes in a set of 1000) and a Mirage Stone (Comes in a set of 1000). Remove ALL of your gear, except for the Puzzle Cube Badge: Vain, the Rank 9 Badge (The Rank 9 Belt), your Rank 8 and Rank 9 rings and your Tome.
Talk to the Elder again, and select Refine Equipment. When the refine window is open, Right-Click the +12 Stone and then select the gear you want to refine. Refine all of it to +12 by clicking the refine button 12 times each.
Once you've completed refining, head back to the Boutique Agent and check your Warsoul of Earth/Heaven and your Cape. Do they have 4 sockets? If not, open the Boutique > Craft > Socket and then talk to the Boutique Agent. Select Add Sockets To Equipment and Right-Click the equipment that needs to be improved. It will tell you how many Socket Stones you need. Buy the required amount, right-click the gear once more, and click OK. Do this to the required gear, the required amount of times until you have 4 sockets in your Helmet and Cape.
Now that your gear is nearly complete, the last step is to add Soulgems. Soulgems add bonuses, such as vitality, strength, dexterity, magic, attack, defense, etc. This is where you get to choose what kind of Soulgems you wish to socket your equipment with. Head over to any Blacksmith and open the Boutique > Craft and scroll down. Here you will see Diamond of Tiger, Primevil Stone, etc. Note how some give different attributes depending on if you put them in armour or a weapon. Pay attention to that, and choose wisely. You can always take them out later and re-socket, so don't worry.
To create Defense Level +2 Soulgems (Jade of Steady Defense), find any Jewelcraftsman and talk to him. Select Combine and click on the purple Soulgem at the bottom right. It takes 3 Diamond of Dragons to create one, you can find Diamond of Dragons in the Boutique under Craft. Go ahead and do so if you wish to shard your equipment with Defense +2.
Once you're done sharding your gear, you are nearly complete! The last thing to do is acquire Puzzle Cube Badge: Broken. To do this, head back to the PW Boutique Agent and create 8 more Puzzle Cube Badge: Vain's.
After you've acquired 9 Puzzle Cube Badges, find the Khatru Pup. Enter the Cube of Fate and talk to Room 1 Teleport Master. Select Badge of the Cube. Click on the Purple necklace, drag the Vain badges to the spots where they are requested and create 3 Emptiness badges. Once you have 3 Emptiness badges, create a Broken badge. There you go, now you have a good set of gear! Return to the Elder and refine your Broken badge to +12, and you're on your way to becoming 110 and PvPing!

PART IV - Warsoul

Remember when I talked about personalization? Here is a part of that. If you've chosen the path of a Blademaster, Barbarian, Assassin or Archer, I highly recommend this. For the most part, your Rank 9 gear is a little bit better than Warsoul, but Warsoul does have it's benefits.
Once you have +12'd your Rank 9 gear, Rank 9 Weapon, etc. from the previous parts of the guide, go ahead and continue to the very centre of Archosaur and talk to Warsoul Spirit (552, 653). Select Warsoul: Power and it will open the interface for the Warsoul weapons. These weapons are the most popular among LDPW players, because they're easy to make and have nice stats.
To create a Warsoul weapon, you need to make the mold first (except for Daggers, Soul Spheres, Seeker's Swords and Mystic's Wands). Making the weapons is extremely easy; Open the Boutique > Craft > Upgrade and you should see the following; Warsoul: Ksitigarbha, Warsoul: Vajra, etc. When you buy one of those, it will give you 100 of that item. You will need each one (a set of 100) to make each Warsoul weapon. 1 of each creates the mold, then the other 99 are used to make the weapon. The following sub-lists will guide you through what to make for each class, or rather, what is recommended.
Blademasters - Purchase 3 sets (300) of each Warsoul: BlahBlahBlah. On the trade tab of the Warsoul interface, create Warsoul: Cirruslord, Warsoul: Abysmal Tides and Warsoul: Heroic Pride. Select the Power tab and then make ★★Cirruslord, ★★Abysmal Tides and ★★Heroic Pride. Note: Worth it for skills, APS and more damage.
Barbarians - Purchase 1 set (100) of each Warsoul: BlahBlahBlah. On the trade tab of the Warsoul interface, create Warsoul: Cirruslord. Select the Power tab and then make ★★Cirruslord. Note: The APS are nice, although the damage is mediocre. Useful for building Chi, or just slashing someone to death. You can also make the claws if you want, but it's up to you, they have slightly more APS base.
Archers - Purchase 1 set (100) of each Warsoul: BlahBlahBlah. On the trade tab of the Warsoul interface, create Warsoul: Arch Devil's Touch. Select the Power tab and then make ★★Arch Devils Touch. Note: Although not necessary, if you want those extra APS, go for it. Seeing as your bow does much more damage, it may just be nice for building Chi.
Assassins - Warsoul Daggers are not really useful for Assassins. Their Rank 9 daggers deal more damage, but the Warsouls look nice, and could be useful for building Chi (Although Chi already pours out of Sins assholes..) in instances and what not. Don't make the fists. You'll look like a tool. Purchase 2 sets (200) of each Warsoul: BlahBlahBlah. On the trade tab of the Warsoul interface, create Warsoul: Flowing Stardust. Select the Power tab and make ★★Lunar Dissector and ★★Flowing Stardust.
Note: I only posted direct guides for the classes that will benefit from Warsoul. If you are a Mystic, Cleric, Seeker, Psychic or Venomancer, feel free to create your desired weapon from Warsoul, though your Rank 9 is most likely much better. The making of Warsoul weapons is very straightforward, just look in the Boutique > Craft > Upgrade and buy the required materials.
As with all gear, add the desired Soulgems and refine them to +12. Look at Part III if you forget how to refine and add Soulgems

'Letty'
'Letty'
Admin

https://heaven-2.forum.st

Back to top Go down